Subject: [Leica] LR2 Resizing/Printing Question
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun Aug 17 15:52:09 2008

I'll probably be going against the wind here again, but from what I
remember the wind is blowing the other way this time.

Many people do not like printing through Lightroom. If I were to
mention the one strong point that I remember from using it, it was
printing.

But you have to think different. You don't need to play the with
number of pixels. You set the size of your image by using settings for
how the image will fit on the page. You size your image in normal
metric or inch measurements.

Then, further down in the print pane, you can set the resolution of
your printer.

With that information, Lightroom figures out how many pixels you'll
need and does the work for you.

Mind you, this is version 1.4 I am describing.

When I went to Africa the last time I had promised to bring back a
package of portraits. There were a lot of people.

I can honestly say that I wouldn't have made it without Lightroom. For
me, printing is one of the strongest points, if not the strongest.

Daniel