Subject: [Leica] Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Aug 17 16:42:14 2008

Thank you Brian.... there is one pit I escaped......

Where the ()&*&(* is our local LR Team Member when we really need him?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

What makes Lightroom so maddeningly hard to learn is that it is
asynchronous. This means that when you ask it to do something, it doesn't do
it right away. It starts doing it and then comes back ready to process
another command. If you are an expert Lightroom user, this is great, because
it means you can do more than one thing at a time. But if you are learning
Lightroom, this means that you can't use the tried-and-true technique of
trying a command to see what happens and then doing an Undo if
that wasn't what you wanted. You never know how long you have to wait to see
what has happened, because you never really know when Lightroom finishes
doing the task that you asked it to do.

In my opinion what Lightroom needs most to help bring new users onboard is a
Preferences setting that says, in essence, "I am still learning Lightroom.
Please finish each command and update the display before letting me start
another one."

Brian Reid

Message from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?)
Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?)