Subject: [Leica] IMG: Zoe
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue Aug 19 13:40:10 2008

On Aug 19, 2008, at 1:19 PM, Tina Manley wrote:

> At 11:16 AM 8/19/2008, you wrote:
>> Thanks to everyone who commented. I realize it's not extremely
>> sharp (f 1.4 and close (Summilux)). It was low light (so flat), low
>> f-stop, and shaky hands... Nonetheless it is evocative for me. And
>> as for boomeranging, I completely understand; I've been through
>> this with my other 2. That said, this is my baby... Again, thanks,
>> Bob
>
> Yes, my boomerang is my baby, too - the youngest of four.  She was
> living in NY but her lease ran out and she decided she was
> homesick.  After getting mugged a few months ago, she's been having
> trouble with her hearing.  We wanted to bring her home so she could
> see her ear doctor here.  He determined that the blow on the head
> caused her to permanently lose the little bit of hearing she had in
> her left ear.  She went from Moderate/Severe deafness to Severe/
> Profound.  We were hoping it was temporary but were disappointed.
> Even better hearing aids won't help because there's nothing to
> amplify.  She's handling it better than I would but I'm sure she
> suspected that was the case.  I guess we never quit worrying about
> our kids even when they are grown and leave home.

and no, we never do stop worrying Tina...as I am sure you found out
when your baby moved to NY City...

so even while being flip about boomerang babies, I too often worry
about my kids and their kids...

I'm sorry about your daughters hearing deficit...wondering what the
prior loss was due to...if they know.

off list if you prefer, or not....

Steve