Subject: [Leica] leica to rebadge canon dslrs - Canon wide angles
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Fri Aug 22 11:24:46 2008

Interesting that in the wide angle basketball shot example Galbraith
was using a Nikkor 14 - 28 G - ED f2.8 zoom. When I had a Canon 5D I
tested my Leica R 28 f2.8 against the Canon 24 f1.4 - both at f2.8
and infinity and the Canon corners were mush compared to the Leica's.
I think Canon sensor technology is far ahead of its wide angles both
fixed focal length and wide angle zooms. I admit not having used any
for the last couple of years so the latest wide angle offerings may
be better.
Cheers
Howard