Subject: [Leica] I have come to this conclusion
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri Aug 22 17:17:32 2008

>Thanks Henning: cornerfix may be an answer for the 21 till I get the
>thing coded: no time before Paris now. I might "toy" with my coder
>set again. Marty suggests some pens don't leave your sensor black
>and blue. What are coded rings? There is "bugger" all room between
>the mount on the lens and camera for any intervening code bar.

Coded rings are adapter rings produced by John Milich for LTM lenses,
ie, the CV LTM lenses.

You can shoot with your 21 and filter, and after you get back get
Cornerfix, produce the adjustment images, and then correct the images
you have shot. It's quite simple and quick and will give you better
results than not using a filter. Cornerfix allows you to batch
correct, and it will correct whatever it finds, so leave 'IR/UV lens
detection' on, and then select the images by whatever EXIF data is
produced for your incorrect lens mount, and then batch correct those
lenses with the correction profile produced by the same lens with the
same camera settings when you get back. It sounds a lot more
complicated than it is.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design