Subject: [Leica] Gallery Changeover
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sat Aug 23 11:22:02 2008

2008-08-23-14:05:57 Brian Reid:
> The reason this took 3 days instead of 12 hours is that I had to do a
> sweeping software upgrade also (Gallery 2.1/Apache 1.3/FreeBSD 6.2/MySQL 4
> --> Gallery 2.2.5/Apache 2.2.9/FreeBSD 7.0/MySQL 5)

I kind of assumed you'd had to go through something like that.

> and there was a nasty version skew problem between Gallery2 and MySQL
> 5. I could only make it work by using MySQL Server 5.1 and MySQL
> Client 5.0, which required that I do actual thinking, and then learn
> how to use the dependency-override mechanisms in various installers.

...and I'm sure you, with your vast experience in the biz, knew very
well that It's Never As Easy As You Think It Should Be with migrations
like this, and not being quite in the mood for the extended annoyance
was a significant part of the reason you put it off 'til now.

Anyway, thanks for biting the bullet.

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Gallery Changeover)
Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Gallery Changeover)
Message from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] Gallery Changeover)