Subject: [Leica] OT gear advice needed
From: philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD)
Date: Mon Aug 25 05:25:15 2008

Hi All,

an excellent friend of mine shoots a consumer line Canon 400 and would
like a trans-standard zoom lens to replace the one in the kit, because
he doesn't want to carry two lenses and his his too limited.

The 18 - 200/300 range would be fine and we're planning to present him
with one on his birthday mid september.

Problem: I've read very bad reviews of the Canon consumer 18-200, Tamron
too, and I don't know about Sigma.

Note: my friend is a family/holiday amateur shooter - he doesn't care
about specs so long as it works for him. My concern is rather about
stabilisation and user friendliness ( is he not my friend?)..

Could you help me pick out one that would fit in?
The price tag is not so important as the ease of use, reliability, and
versatility.

Thanks in anticipation for advice, experience and help.
Phx

Replies: Reply from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] OT gear advice needed)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] OT gear advice needed)