Subject: [Leica] IMG: Direct Positive Photo Booth
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon Aug 25 15:05:21 2008

Impressed by the speed of the new Gallery server, I wanted to try an upload.
 On an unusual rainy day here, I turned to some of the old time images that
I scanned, many from old prints.

This image shows the device that allowed my wife's family to survive the
hard years of the thirties.  It was transported from Wisconsin to
Mississippi each year, working the local and state fairs and celebrations
throughout the midwest.

Direct positive materials were obtained from Eastman Kodak, and the booth
cameras were fairly simple, and often made or modified by the owner/operator.

The small, 4 for a dime, photos were inexpensive to make, and small glass
mirrored frames provided extra profit.

My wife says her job was usually selling frames to the customers.  She could
make change before she started to school.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Direct+Positive+Booth.jpg.html

The new server is amazing.  Thanks again to Brian for this great upgrade.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] IMG: Direct Positive Photo Booth)