Subject: [Leica] A Zeiss-Binocular Meet?
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Mon Aug 25 21:23:52 2008

I would like to organize a meeting on Zeiss and
binocular studies in Chester, Virginia, over the
weekend of 8/9 May 2009.  This might include a
camera show or it might include a side-show on
Sunday to visit USS WISCONSIN to view its magnificent rangefinder gear.

Those who can arrive early on Friday can join in
a late dinner at Wagstaff's, a rather pleasant
steakhouse with an excellent prime rib and an
unstoppable, and inexpensive, wine
list.  Saturday will be dedicated to
presentations by various folks on Zeiss,
Zeiss-Ikon, and Zeiss-derived Soviet/Post Soviet
optical questions.  Saturday evening will be a general dinner.

It has been a decade since Richmond has had a
camera show, so I might be able to stir up the
Powers-That-Be to set one up.  In the
alternative, we can arrange a visit to USS
WISCONSIN, 80 miles away, which has some grand optical equipment.

I am interested in a roster of those who might be
available to attend. There would be no charge for
the basic attendance though I believe WISCONSIN
does levy a fee.  Beyond that, you bear your own
freight, room and board are at your call, albiet
we do have a bunch of nearly highway hotels which are rather inexpensive.

Let me know, pray, in private e-mail.  And I am
always open to suggestions from those who wish to make a presentation.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!