Subject: [Leica] Got $$$ to burn?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Aug 27 10:26:29 2008

The idea is after the new Noctilux comes out at half the size with modern
coatings and aspherical elements and other modern techniques it will be a
GOOD THING you have an old clunky one which blocks the viewfinder and has
much less wonderful specs.
We'll love it for its fingerprint.
Then wipe it off.

I wonder how long those 100 so Noctili sat there before they decided to make
it a good thing instead of a bad thing. They could not have been exactly
flying out the door. The humidors may help.

There are more people perhaps who can spend ten grand on something no one
else has got than 5 on something a whole lot of people have got. Relatively
speaking.
I know a lot more people who have Noctili than most people do.
And we vote.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner