Subject: [Leica] Survivor II - sad story
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Thu Aug 28 13:20:35 2008

Remember a few weeks ago when I posted the photo of the flower in the
gutter.  I called it Survivor.
Here he/she (most flowers are both male and female) is for another look.
http://tinyurl.com/62c4xm in all her glory.  Survivor was doing great the
past few weeks.  Weather has been getting cooler, a few rain storms, and of
course the neighbors walking by (or riding bikes in our case) were sparing
some water for him/her.

Well, today survivor met the street sweeper.  Needless to say, a street
sweeper is stronger than a poor gutter plant.  Survivor was stripped of all
his/her beautiful blossoms.  http://tinyurl.com/6locg7  I don't think there
is enough growing season left for him/her to make a comeback.  And I won't
be around long enough to find out, as I'll be heading out Tuesday for about
2 months to drive the Oregon and California coasts, then head back through
Utah to see canyons and arches before heading across Utah, Nevada and
California to end up in Yosemite for some fall colors.  Poor survivor will
have to make it on his/her own.  Until then, we will stop on our bike ride
and encourage survivor on. Fight the good fight until winter comes.

Aram

Aram Langhans
Retired (retarded?) Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

would ever have dared dream.?   James D. Watson

Checked by AVG.
7:39 AM

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Survivor II - sad story)