Subject: [Leica] GPS Units
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Thu Aug 28 16:20:06 2008

On Aug 28, 2008, at 4:05 PM, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Aren't you carrying your Mac prejudices a bit far?  GPS units are
> self contained, though I understand that some have an ouput
> that can be fed to a digital camera so one can tell where the
> picture was taken.  I see NO references to PC or Mac in any
> of my GPS files and reference materials.

not at all Jerry, you must look wider to find many reasons to synch
with a computer of some sort...

one good reason is just to keep the gps updated with new maps, and
software,

(just Google gps  mac or pc)

like here...

http://www.macworld.com/article/59282/2007/08/sept07mobilemac.html

I used to use both mac/pc, but I only have macs now...

(yet that's really beside the point)...

Steve