Subject: [Leica] question to Steve Barbour concerning dual range summicron
From: lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann)
Date: Thu Aug 28 18:24:27 2008

>hi Lee...that's a real tough one...
>

>the two lenses are both wonderful...
>
>one new wonderful and one old wonderful, we could make sexual
>analogies, but maybe not...
>
>many agree that they are totally different in look and fingerprint...I
>have both, use the DR more...
>
>sort of like great pie and great cake...
>
>some like one, some like the other, some like one on certain days or
>for certain images...
>
>so how would you like to compare them...?
>
>:-)
>

>Steve

Steve,

I was wondering about resolution, how do photographs compare when you
examine them at 100% in photoshop.  I have owned my dual range since
the early 1980's and unfortunately it languishes unused along with my
other film Leicas.  I often take aerial photos and the resolution of
the Summilux is the best of my lenses.  How does the dual-range
compare at 100%?  Is it worthwhile to modify the lens to work on the
M8?  Some might say I have a small collection of Leicas, but I really
would like to use what I have.  It was sad last night that I held my
M cameras that have not been used in the last couple of years, as
digital imaging seems to meet my needs best.  The other old lenses
that I have compared with the Summilux on the M8 are good, but not as
good.  Thanks for your advice in this matter.

Lee

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] question to Steve Barbour concerning dual range summicron)
Message from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] question to Steve Barbour concerning dual range summicron)