Subject: [Leica] GPS Units
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Aug 28 21:23:08 2008

I read in I think the outdoor photography magazine that GPS is also a great
benefit and boom to photography. The thing we are supposed to be talking
about here on the LUG.
Landscape photography they were saying.
Large tracts of the US and I'm sure the whole world were not being
photographed with any frequency or at all because no one is all that happy
about driving somewhere and getting lost; running out of gas; and terrible
things which only happens to the nicest of people.
Now people are venturing out much more into less charted sites and bringing
back shots.

I love the idea of my shots having GPS stuff in its metadata as in many
cases the shots really depend on the where not just the what... Does it look
like. As the "where" defines the what. What we are looking at.
I have so many shots of the Missouri river on my May 99 Lewis and Clark trip
shot with my Leicas and tri x that its not even funny but its all gray
nameless water; with the GPS we can give those ripples a name!!!!

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner