Subject: [Leica] Too dark to chew
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Aug 30 08:13:17 2008

Walt Johnson showed:

>>>Geez, so damn dark I can't find my teeth

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Walt+Johnson/oldvet2.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Walt+Johnson/oldvet2.jpg.html%3c%3c%3c%3c%
3c%3c%3c> <<<<<<<

Folks here is a prime lesson on recognizing LIGHT and making it work for a
better photograph!!

Walt,

Without question you are one of the old guys from the golden days when we
had to see, understand and use light to make pictures jump off the page.

Certainly not to forget.,REAL PHOTOGRAPHERS SHOOT B&W, EAT  SUSHI AND DRINK
SINGLE MALT SCOTCH! :-) not necessarily in that order! ;-)

So often today , actually everyday we see images in colour where it's
nothing but colour and the content is crap! WHY? One of the failings of
digital?

Every idiot with one thinks they are photographers because the camera makes
a "pretty exposure" of something in colour that has diddly squat to do with
using light!

The handler doesn't know nor understand the value of light from sunshine to
near blind darkness when it comes to taking pictures.

Just because they know how to make a digi cam work and they get exposures
means nothing without understanding what makes a photographic heart stopping
photograph!

No I don't mean flash floods or disasters. I mean simple everyday things
like a flower, a building, an interior, kids playing ! You name it and
nearly every subject possibility depends on the ability of the electronic
image maker operator, note operator; not photographer. To understand the
beauty and effect light has to enhance a photo moment.

Walt, every time you put an image up your understanding of light and making
it work for a superior photograph is such a wonderful learning tool nobody
on the list should pass it by.

Keep them coming "WE" all learn by them. Thank you.

ted