Subject: [Leica] Re: New Orlens, Katrina and Gustav
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams)
Date: Thu Sep 4 06:39:02 2008

This belongs on the LUGforum, but I will just say this -

Nagin was re-elected with only 20% of the NOLA pop voting. The super
rich(and without sounding too racist, it was the super rich white folks)
voted him back in as well as the folks strung out all over the country who
have yet to go back to live in New Orleans. Basically, Nagin got a bunch of
folks who no longer live here to vote him back him. Doesn't sound too
illegal does it?

Within the next 2 yrs, hopefully we'll get someone willing to actually help
this city. We already have a semi-strong presence now in the City Council.
If it was not for them, I may still be sitting on the side of the road
trying to get into New Orleans.

Nagin's getting ready for whatever campaign is going to be in 2 yrs from
now. We can't really wait 2 more yrs to get rid of him but with Louisians
politics, anything can happen.

But here in New Orleans, we take care of ourselves and do not listen to Ray
Ray.

Chris