Subject: [Leica] Signs
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Thu Sep 4 16:38:51 2008

Oh, absolutely!

Not always, but there are times that it's a giggle or an irony that
grabs me. Other times it's just artistic flair or brute strength. It
might be history or an inside joke. I think that's why signs work for
me in getting the shutter loose in hard times--a wide variety of
triggers to get me going. Whatever get the attention, I try to work
into a decent composition.

There are also times that I see things in editing that I did not
register on when shooting. Of course, I believe we see things that do
not register with us consciously, but trigger something we only
understand later.

This may be a result of high school literature class. I never believed
that authors intended or understood or intended all those themes and
messages that we find in analytical reading. Good writing taps our
shared experience and makes us associate common feelings.

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/

Message from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Signs)
Message from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Signs)