Subject: [Leica] Black & White film portraiture etc....Phil
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Mon Sep 8 14:33:19 2008

> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Philip Forrest
>> The funny thing about the LUG is that there is very little gray here.

>> There's a lot of talented photographers here on the LUG.
>> I respect them and their work.
>>
>> I'm just so sick of the stigma that I feel because I choose to
>> shoot a Leica...

I feel the sort of betrayal you seem to feel Phil, but it comes not
from the people who actually use a leica, it comes from those that
just talk about it...

some of us shot with a Pentax Spotmatic and one lens for thirty
years ...
worked and saved for most of our lives, so that one day we could  buy
a used M6...I remember so well that feeling.

I don't always indicate what equipment I use to make a particular
image, usually it doesn't matter,
clearly most can't tell anyway, and especially so with web images.

So tell e'm you used a leica, or a pentax, make something up, or don't
tell them...

Use your equipment well Phil, whatever that may be, but take photos,
show them...don't just talk about them.
Many here are really paying attention, some are listening only to the
sound of their own voices...

Steve

In reply to: Message from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Black & White film portraiture making a comeback? WAS: <sigh> Getting into printing.. need advice?)