Subject: [Leica] Lens Poutpurri - > Len
From: LUISRIPOLL at telefonica.net (LUISRIPOLL@telefonica.net)
Date: Wed Sep 10 17:23:12 2008

Hi Len,

Thank you very much for your detailed and kind comments, I've found
them really interesting and I've learned very interesting things, as
your comparison of our 58 years old Elmar 4/90 with your actual Macro.
You explain very clear the difference comparing papers gradation #2 and
#3. The contrast is one of the things usually difficult to manage with
the old lenses. Mine is too in almost mint condition, coating is a
little disapeared but this is not a problem, sometime ago I've sand my
Summitar to Malcolm Taylor and he das an excellent work re-coating it:

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=808600

 In fact I like very, very much these set of lenses, Summaron 35 f3,5
is a king on the grey scales, Summicron Rigid is an outstanding lens,
sharp and giving great tones, Elmar 4/90 already said... And also I
like very , very much these films APX100, Plus X, and Tri X, everyone
has his place, his strong personnality... When I'm going to shot
sometimes is difficult decide which film to use. IMHO, these rich
differences can't be found on digital, you have both experiences and
your opinion will be better than mine.

Saludos cordiales
Lluis