Subject: [Leica] Re: IMG: Few from Northern California
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Thu Sep 11 04:00:45 2008

On Sep 10, 2008, at 4:59 PM, Doug Herr wrote:

> Bob, I wonder if it's the gradation of the platinum prints you're
> trying to emulate?

Them things sure 'nuff did rock my world, and nuance in general is
always big with me.

However, your (and George's, among others) convincing description of
the way that this batch is diplaying on your monitors is not quite
what I was shooting for (or what I see on my or a few other monitors
I looked at around here.)
And I have had problems once or twice with a service bureau
contacting me to kvetch about noise in the 20D files seen in the
black clothing of people in a shoot that I couldn't see on my
screens.  I run a spyder over them regularly, but I'm thinking maybe
I need to understand gamma in relation to displays...

Bob Palmieri