Subject: [Leica] Re:Surprises at Photokina now Uncle Bob
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Sep 11 11:00:41 2008

Chris Williams <leicachris@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Uncle Bob will be the guy shooting over your shoulder with the Nikon D3
or
> Canon 1D MkIII with his flash pointed directly at the subject. Usually
the
> camera is accompanied by the latest 18-200/4.5-5.6 whatever zoom since
why
> pay $$$ for a lens? Later on he or she will talk your ass off about which
> camera he used to have but now it's so easy when all you do it shoot on
> "Program".
>
> I've yet to experience any real Uncle Bob.

I've experienced too many "Uncle Bob" personalities, generally after I've
spent a few hours getting an animal to trust me within camera range.
"Uncle Bob" comes up behind me, fires off a burst of photos, and the
critter flees in terror.  I wear a camoflage coat to hide from people, not
from animals.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web LIVE ? Free email based on Microsoft? Exchange technology -
http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE