Subject: [Leica] Who will purchase the 21 and 24 mm ?
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Sep 15 22:32:23 2008

I have personal experience with both the Canon and Sigma 1.4 lenses,
and frankly, they will do the job but their optical quality is nowhere
near Leica. The Olympus lenses I now have are better (especially the
12-60mm) and the 1.4/25mm Panasonic comes close. But the Canon and
Sigma fast wides...forget it. If you read the reviews, they typically
include a telltale phrase like "very good once stopped down to f4 or
whatever). If you need to stop the lens down to f4, then you might as
well buy an f4 lens in the first place and save money and weight. With
my Panaleica, I shoot at f1.4 more than at any other aperture--that is
why I bought it! It was the same when I was shooting Leica and had my
Summiluxes. You buy a Summilux to shoot it at f1.4, otherwise it is
just a waste of money.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain