Subject: [Leica] Spidy
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue Sep 16 14:25:56 2008

There's a bunch of kinds of Spider Lily, but in these parts, *Lycoris
radiata *is the main one.  I photograph them every year, because they are so
hard to shoot, I never seem to get the perfect shot of them.

I understand they are called the Hurricane Lily in Florida, because they
bloom at the height of hurricane season.  That makes sense, because they
seem to bloom right after heavy rains.  The flowers have no seeds, and grow
from bulbs; they're just here to be pretty. They grow across the South, (I
see they do pretty well in Tennessee,)  and are originally native to Japan.

Here's my first try of the fall.   http://www.sonc.com/spidy_2008.htm

For a view of them at the Wells-Tauzan house,  the oldest house in
Natchitoches, click here:
http://www.sonc.com/lily.htm

--
Regards,