Subject: [Leica] Such are the dreams: IMG
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue Sep 16 14:26:16 2008

On Sep 16, 2008, at 1:45 AM, Alastair Firkin wrote:

> Thanks to all who commented.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5f39uj
>
> Let me ?defend? the shot, and by that I don?t mean to be defensive
> to to imply that I am offended. I just love getting critical
> comments: makes me think and re-think what I?m doing and why.
>
> First the back pack: Helen did not like it either, but for me it
> ?came? with the wires heading under the head scarf. She is so calm
> so serene that the wire and pack are a little out of place -- part
> of the story I was trying to tell: modern girl, ageless emotions.
>
> Background: yes, its a confusion of scratches - lead graffiti, with
> everyone trying to have there say. Its a famous monument, its chaos
> up there, narrow stairs and passage ways, yet in this chaos she
> ?escapes? for these few moments: again for me (for me remember) they
> are part of the story and I ?love? the background -- does anyone
> agree?

I'm with you on your image, as is...no changes, no cropping...nada...

Having done this hike to the top, having been there...  I feel its
veracity, a moments rest and respite from the tiring climb, the chaos
of the place, all of its graffitti and tourists...

it's a moment away...much as the French often do it, be it metro,
Notre Dame... Luxembourg, wherever...a sensual peaceful

moment that you captured...

Steve