Subject: [Leica] Firmware upgrade for M8
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Sep 16 16:18:24 2008

Hi Steve. I'm a supporter of the M8 as you know and I think that a number of
the upgrades are very sensible and desirable. Leica clearly needed to work
with what was possible too, within the current hardware constraints.
The auto ISO was requested by some I know. To me that doesn't seem very
useful without a significant improvement in noise performance above 640 ISO.
Perhaps we'll see some firmware change to improve that area.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/