Subject: [Leica] 7 percent IS such a heck of a lot!
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Sep 17 22:25:41 2008

When you take into account that a single f-stop is doubling the light, 11%
is roughly nothing.

The figure of .95 is either calculated or measured, I forget which.  In
truth, it probably could be achieved by less air surfaces or better cleaning
or coatings.  It makes no difference.  It is bragging, and rightly so.

yes the lens is incredible on specs, and probably in image quality.  But at
$10K per lens, I don't care.  As an amateur, and not a rich amateur, I will
not own one......  I simply can not afford it...

BTW the lens weighs 700 grams, around a pound and a half.....  And I
complained about the Nocti I had a few years ago ( and sold for
$1600.......) which I thought weighed way too much to be useful to me.....

Frank

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] 7 percent IS such a heck of a lot!)