Subject: [Leica] In depth article on Leica - Slow to Refocus
From: lists at paulhardycarter.com (PHC)
Date: Thu Sep 18 01:02:37 2008

You're quite right, of course, that is the way "Anglo-Saxon" is used
these days, but I'm still curious to know why. It seems totally
random - you could equally say "Celtic Capitalism" for example.

Here, in Spain, when people say "Americano" they mean someone from
South America. Someone from the US or Canada would be "Nordeamericano".

And speaking as one who is Anglo-Irish, born in a part of Ireland
that is part of the UK but not part of Great Britain, but, yes, is
part of the British Isles, I long ago gave up trying to explain the
complexities of British political geography to anyone!

Cheers, P.

*******
Paul Hardy Carter
+44 (0)20 3239 9573