Subject: [Leica] M8.2 is up on the German Leica site
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Thu Sep 18 05:34:21 2008

As a previous software eng, I hate reading comments like this  "...it is
not possible to "downdate" Leica M8 cameras to previous firmware
releases, once the 2.000 has been installed".

I hope everyone who updates to 2.000 is successful, and no "bricks" are
created.

I would expect (hope) that re-installing prior versions of firmware
should be successful (similar to reinstalling a prior OS).  Wouldn't
that be a sensible escape route in case of disaster?

....Vick