Subject: [Leica] M8 firmware upgrade
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Fri Sep 19 05:33:56 2008

 From my SW background, an upgrade would check for, preserve and restore
customer defaults.

But, if I were Leica, and SW was not my strength, and couldn't afford to
develop a proper upgrade procedure, I'd blow away and customer-set
defaults and reset the camera.

Imagine, if you were to upgrade Verizon's cell phone software and blow
away their provisioned parameters. Wouldn't be a happy sight.

Vick

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] M8 firmware upgrade)