Subject: [Leica] Les Aventures de Rabbi Jacob
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sun Sep 21 08:58:47 2008

In July 1973 I went to Paris. I was 23. I had never been to Paris before,
and I had my Leica IIIf with me. I walked around the city all day every day,
taking pictures.

One day I went to the Palais des Invalides, and noticed that they were
shooting some sort of a movie. I took a few pictures, and watched them for
long enough to realize that it was a farce. I assumed that it was some
minor-league French movie and I never thought about it again.

Today, more than 35 years later, I chanced to be looking through these
negatives and realized that the movie I'd stumbled across was G?rard Oury's
masterpiece, Les Aventures de Rabbi Jacob, one of the greatest French
comedies of all time.

Here are the pictures. They don't show much, but if you've seen the movie
(and what Frenchman hasn't?) you'll recognize the scene.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/bkreid/rabbijacob/

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Les Aventures de Rabbi Jacob)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Les Aventures de Rabbi Jacob)