Subject: [Leica] M8 time
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Sep 21 18:01:57 2008

Naw,just get ahold of Steven Gandy and buy one of the Cosina 12mm's. Now you
have a 16mm.  Pick up the Cosina 15mm and now you have a 20mm.  Both are
very good and on an M8 look very good indeed.

This whole thing on cropped sensor is just nonsense.  Unless you need a 115
degree fov that a 12mm gives you you don't lose anything except extreme
selective focus.  There is a difference in a Noctilux and the Cosina 35mm
F1.2 but not enough to lose sleep over.

What you gain is being able to shoot hundreds of images and edit them in a
few hours.  Can't do that with film.