Subject: [Leica] M8 time
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Mon Sep 22 02:49:28 2008

Ric,

Well as to which to buy, it is a toss up, but the 8.2 will have the quieter
shutter, which most have had the big hurt over, although it does not bother
me.  However, buy New either way as you get the full warranty that way and
it is always worth it, even if you just get the usual CLA done yearly or
more.  I plan on sending mine in after the trip, as in February the 2 year
warranty is up, and they always give you a 1 year warranty after work is
done on the camera.  I may also have the new shutter and viewfinder fix done
at the same time, but not quite sure yet as it has worked pretty much
perfect since purchase, and why muck up a good thing?  ;-)

Gene

From: Ric Carter <ricc@embarqmail.com>