Subject: [Leica] S2 hits Photokina
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Sep 22 20:33:32 2008

Not to beat around the bushes:  Wrong.

Yes, an lens creates a circular inmage circle.
The way to think about this is to place a circle on a sheet of paper.
Over it, place 2 small black pieces of paper... one 24x36mm the other, 36mm
square.  You will see that the basic issue is the DIAGONAL of the sensor,
not an edge dimension.

try it out physically, then you will never be confused about image circle
and coverage.

Frank

Now a technical question...the image from a lens is an image circle

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] S2 hits Photokina)
Reply from tomschofield at comcast.net (Tom Schofield) ([Leica] S2 hits Photokina)