Subject: [Leica] R10 in development
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Sep 22 23:40:59 2008

Then a "Normal" lens for S2 format is 54 except for one thing.

Though the normal for 6x6 really is 80 and we use 80 and the same for most
any other format in the case of 35mm film and the digital cameras which came
out of those systems it got distorted into 50mm.
I forgot how but I seem to recall our own Oscar Barnack might have had
something to do with it!

So a 43mm Pentax lens against a 54 or 55 millimeter S2 lens if that's what
they come up with!

45 against 55.

I can see them saying a 60 is normal for S2.

50mm is 35
55mm is s2
A lens for 645 digital normal has never been made has it?
A 70mm?

What would an APS-2 format normal lens be a 35mm?

I'd love to have it all laid out for me so I can see the numbers.

To me a normal lens is what spells it out.

We do have all these people claiming to get medium format results with 24x36
digital format. I'm not buying it and its just talk nobody shows me the
prints.

I have seen a print in my hand made from Hassy H at the digital booth at
Photokina last time handed to me by Harold Cummer.
So I know that medium format digital is way better than what I've been
seeing from cropped and full frame formats.

But the results from full frame formats is daunting and keeps getting
better.
And this is a step up from that.

Near medium format quality with a big handling edge.

I have to admit is certainly on the map even if I'm not buying the M8 or
M8.2.

And you guys were all taking in the past tense just a couple of years ago!

NOT ME!
:)

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner