Subject: [Leica] Lightroom2/PS CS3/Alien Skin Glitch?
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Tue Sep 23 07:15:23 2008

I've run this by the Adobe Lightroom Forum and Alien Skin Support
without a solution so I thought I'd try it here, since I know there
are at least a few regular users of these programs in attendance:

Lightroom 2 has a really nifty feature called Adjustment Brush, which
lets you make local (as opposed to global) corrections such as
exposure and so on to specific parts of an image.

I work on a raw image in Lightroom 2 and fiddle with it (crop, adjust
exposure etc) and then open it in Photoshop CS3 where I use Alien Skin
Exposure 2 to convert it to b&w. I then flatten the layers, save it as
a .tif, and re-open it in Lightroom.  At this point I can still make
global corrections (exposure etc) but the local Adjustment Brush
doesn't work.

Alien Skin must be doing something to the image.  If I go LR->PS->LR
without using Alien Skin I don't have this issue.

When something like this occurs to me I usually assume it is operator
error but I can't figure out what it might be.

If anyone has  a suggestion I'd appreciate it.

--Bob

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Lightroom2/PS CS3/Alien Skin Glitch?)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Lightroom2/PS CS3/Alien Skin Glitch?)
Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] Lightroom2/PS CS3/Alien Skin Glitch?)