Subject: [Leica] August 2009 for the S2????
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Wed Sep 24 14:03:54 2008

the technology has definitely matured

the S2 camera represents the first working prototype in a new niche
which others (according to rumors) intend to follow
yet, remain without a prototype (that we know of)

without doubt the S2 scooped the others
and will still serve it's niche well
if serious breakthrough technology does not break out
during this period of final refinement

if you've been following the MF shooters
many of them have been asking for just this form factor
larger than 24x36 sensor
smaller, easier to handle body

the super large megapixel count MF backs serve
a very small set of studio shooters

most don't need or want to handle those file sizes

If the DMR and M8 (which led this parade)
suggest the image quality expected from this new Leica
the images will remove the breath from your lungs

we can wait
until someone comes up
with a better one
(doubtful - as good? - possible)