Subject: [Leica] 3.5/50 or 2.0/50
From: alcedo at verizon.net (Jan Decher)
Date: Wed Sep 24 18:17:57 2008

David,
 I shoot both, B&W and color (neg & chromes).  My favorite B&W fim is Neopan
400.

First film with this "new" M6 kit was a roll of Sensia 100 (outdated film
that came with the camera but spent some years in the sellers freezer).

I have considered selling both lenses and getting the ZM 1.5/50 C-Sonnar if
I am not pleased with them, but I want to try them first and of course the
SOMKY close focussing device and 39mm filters that came with the 3.5/50
Elmar  wouldn't work with the ZM 1.5/50 (= 46mm thread).

Since I didn't get a WA with the M6 kit I ordered a chrome 2.8/35 C-Biogon
which should be here tomorrow.  Just couldn't afford a 2.0/35 Summicron.
Considered the 1.4/35 CV Nokton MC, but I really prefer the character of
Zeiss optics having previously been with the now sadly defunct Contax C/Y &
N system.

 I scanned some slides. How do I get them into the LUG Gallery? Is there a
charge?

Jan

From: "David Rodgers" <drodgers@casefarms.com>
Jan,
Do you primarily shoot color or BW? If the answer is color I'd sell both
and buy a new(er) lens. Even a modern CV. OTOH, if the answer is BW I'd
keep both.
FWIW, if it were me I'd keep both. Don't buy in to the media elite.
Color and this digital thing is just a fad. Tri-X is forever. :-)
Collapsables are great if you're accustomed to them. It's easy to forget
to extend them if you're not. A word of caution from someone who's been
there.
DaveR