Subject: [Leica] will you ever buy another leica body?
From: mark.teampope at ntlworld.com (Mark Pope)
Date: Thu Sep 25 10:35:13 2008

The 8.2 does sound nice, though I'd happily get another M8.  If and when
funds permit (?100M up for grabs in the Euro-millions lottery tomorrow)
I'd probably go for another ex-demo model.  It's still my 'desert
island' camera.  The Canon reflexes get hardly any use at all, except
when I want to do macro work.

I think what Leica have announced recently is all good stuff.  I can't
believe that they would have gone to the trouble of developing and
producing these lenses without having researched the market.
Granted the new f1.4 wides and nocti are way out my price league, but I
feel certain that they will produce more 'realistic' lenses in the
future.  Or at least I hope they do - they have the new "low end" 24
after all.  I'd love a rangefinder-coupled 15/16mm elmar(it).

I do feel my darkroom calling to me.  Film is more expensive now, but I
do miss the old wet stuff.  Problem is lack of time at the moment.
Digital is just too convenient.

Mark

--

Mark Pope,