Subject: [Leica] will you ever buy another leica body?
From: ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Thu Sep 25 14:01:22 2008

Agreed.  There are those who don't really fit in any of these categories,
and I don't like being stereotyped.

I am lucky and fortunate enough to have a job that provides an income that
is greater than that of many doctors and lawyers.  However, the average age
of the cars I own is 9+ years old, and I've bought all of my Leica excpet M8
on the used market.  I bought the M8 new because there was no used
alternative.  Even so, I did a cost/benefit analysis and seeing how much I
was spending on film, processing and scanning, the M8 made economic sense.

Let's say that the useful lifespan of the M8 is 5 years.  I will probably
take 20,000 pictures.  That would cost about $10,000 in film, processing and
scanning.  That's a no-brainer for me.