Subject: [Leica] a serious question
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Sep 25 20:37:08 2008

The LUG has always had a high quotient of people who love the Leica mystique
but could care less about the Leica reality. They think its too much trouble
to use the camera. Or are otherwise just not all that interested in
photography period.
So all we really hear are the reasons they're not using Leica.
All we hear is what's wrong with Leica.
But they don't just come out and say it plainly.
Not liking rangefinders, not liking Leica, not liking photography.
That's three big strikes against you on the Leica USERS list you would
THINK.
But we don't need a big excuse to not get a 15 thousand dollar camera.
That's a fig Newton of someone else's imagination. And bank account.
Few people can afford that. But I think in main use they will be rented.

In the film days there was the used option.
But really an M6 cost the same as an F5 or an EOS.
It just SEEMED more expensive if you really couldn't appreatate a cloth
shutter instead of a wiz bang microchip controlled quilted titanium one.

So we have the makings of conflict in a forum.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner