Subject: [Leica] a serious question
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Fri Sep 26 04:21:23 2008

I agree too, ths M8 is fantastic, I want a 21mm f1.4! I can appreciate the
technical reasons why the filter is in front of the lens rather than behind
it for these types of cameras, no problem to me. If there is a new type of
digital sensor designed in the future which is suitable for steeply angled
impinging light, and a M9 using such a sensor comes to market, I will
probably get one. Until then I rejoice in what I have. Pre-Epson RD1 Leica
said that digital sensors were unsuitable for rangefinder lenses (in ways we
now know are not as bad as all that) and a digital M would not be made. OK,
then we would not have needed a few IR filters, but we wouldn't have had the
M8 either.
Frank