Subject: [Leica] OT: Update on Lightroom experiences (more positive)
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Fri Sep 26 09:54:01 2008

I've mentioned before that Lightroom locks up my laptop. It would work
in browser mode, but when I would click on "Development" it would end
up in a race condition, an endless (I guess, I only let it go for 36
hours) loop hogging all CPU time.

Today I got pissed at all the crap Windows collects along the way (and
I hardly use the Windows side of this laptop) and started unintalling
all the versions of Java and Java updates that had piled up.

I tried Lightroom right before I did the uninstalls ... and the
problem was still there.

After uninstalling anything and everything that looked like Java,
Lightroom worked just fine again.

It's been a nuisance more than anything because my real Lightroom
installation is on my desktop and I just use the laptop for editing
while on the go (and not very successfully because I am not happy with
the screen's lack of calibration).

Anyway, I no longer have that beef against Lightroom.

Daniel