Subject: [Leica] will you ever buy another leica body?
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Fri Sep 26 22:31:54 2008

Original Messages:
From: red735i@earthlink.net:

And charcot <charcot@comcast.net> wrote:

> Very unlikely.  The prices are so out of line with what most people can
> afford if they are an amateur.
> ...snip...
Also for at least this professional.  I'm a staff photographer, and don't do
freelancing,
so I can't pass on the cost of an M8 (or a 5D, etc.) to clients. I need to
use digital for
my job, where I find myself in situations that make me wish I had a digital
rangefinder,
but my employer is hard-pressed enough to furnish what equipment we have,
and could
not justify another, incompatible system for only my use.

If only our department could get an Army-surplus M8 cheap, as we did with
some M2/M3/KE-7
kits back in the eighties!  ;~)

Alan

UPAA POY 1978