Subject: [Leica] will you ever buy another leica body?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Sep 27 07:56:05 2008

I don't think this has anything to do with buying another M camera body. But
it will give you a perspective regarding digital to film costs for some
members of the stock photography agency I belong to.

The first year some of these people switched completely to digital, several
of them cut their production costs by $25,000 in film and processing costs.
There were several in that range give or take  $5 - $10,000 one way or the
other. Similarly so myself, not to that extent.

But for our book on Women in Medicine I shot 500 rolls of B&W Tri-x and
Sandy Carter was well on her way to the same amount. We souped all the film
in our darkroom, made contacts and production prints ourselves.

Our savings would've been quite significant if shooting digital.

However I did purchase 3 new M7's for the project. If it were now?

I don't know that I'd buy 3 new M8's due to cost. However as with the M7's
after the book was completed, I sold the 3 M7's. I would do the same if I
were to buy M8's. today.

ted