Subject: [Leica] Lightroom 2 question - can one merge?
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun Sep 28 00:17:56 2008

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Harrison McClary <lists@mcclary.net> wrote:
> Alastair,
>
> I create a database file for each month.  At the end of each month I open
> what I call a "Master" database and import the month database (Catalog)
> into
> it.  Works great and allows me to have smaller catalogs for daily use, then
> one huge catalog for searching for images.   When I need to go to a
> previous
> month I just launch the Master and find it in there.

Thanks for this tip. I didn't realize it could work so easily. I never
really thought of letting LR create various catalogues since one of
the positive sides was the single searchable catalogue. I really
didn't realize you could have your cake and eat it too so easily.

It's also nice to hear you can mix architectures so easily. I need
Windows (but want Macintosh) :-)

Daniel

Message from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] Lightroom 2 question - can one merge?)