Subject: [Leica] LUG - Way over my budget...
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sun Sep 28 18:28:36 2008

Dear Jan,

There are 1100 people subscribed to the LUG and I would be surprised if more
than 50 of them had M8s and more than 5 of them had DMRs. And nobody has an
S2.

You're right, we talk about new gear a lot. One reason is that much of what
can be said about old gear has already been said. Another reason is that the
people who shoot with IIIfs and M3s and M4s and SL2s might be out taking
pictures instead of in here shooting the breeze.

Please stay. The delete key is your friend. You'll learn quickly whose posts
you can delete without reading and whose posts almost always warrant a close
reading.

There are 37,000 photographs by 821 Leica users on our gallery:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/

I'd bet my Tower 135/f5.6 LTM lens that 90% of those 37,000 pictures were
taken with film.

Digital is inevitable, and the demise of chemical ("analog") photography is
sad, but what matters is the picture and not the gear.

Brian Reid
LUG Saloon Keeper