Subject: [Leica] Re: RIP Paul Newman (Jim Hemenway)
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Tue Sep 30 06:46:14 2008

On Sep 28, 2008, Jim Hemenway wrote:

>  How did it happen that you were there?

This one was shot 3 years ago when Paul was accepting an award at a
charity event.

I seem to work with celebrities a lot in my worklife (both playing
music & shooting pictures, but usually due to the music part.)  Last
night , f'rinstance, I played a gig with two bands, us & The Eagles.
(The Don Henley shots aren't looking too good...)

Now my wife's work is getting us into social situations where celebs
are somewhat prevalent.  If I'm working I usually have my Canon digi-
rig but in more social scenes I usually have something simpler. At a
party last week, upon seeing an actor who played one of my favorite
roles on The Sopranos I just hadta whip out an M (with Tmax 400 & a
50 'lux) - when I scan the filum I'll throw up something.

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Re: RIP Paul Newman (Jim Hemenway))