Subject: [Leica] PESO: Divided Attention
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Tue Sep 30 06:48:03 2008

That's my baby (the GTO).  My first new car, custom ordered, and I wish I
had it back.  I bought it while I was dating my now wife.  On one run to
beat the curfew back to her sorority house, a trooper got behind me with his
lights off -- I saw the speedo drop below 110 when he flashed them.  It was
late and he just wanted to talk about the car, plant, tires, etc  -- a
warning ticket resulted.  Susan didn't know how to drive (military family),
so I was the instructor - perhaps not the best choice.  She went to take the
test in the GTO.  The guy walked around the car and said sound the horn,
turn on the headlights, flash the brights, o sierra, I had replaced the
bottom quads with Lucas aircraft landing lamps.  He just rolled his eyes and
went on with the test.  Many fond memories, thx for the pic.

Ken