Subject: [Leica] Masai Mara
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue Sep 30 20:32:09 2008

Thanks to all for checking the photos out and commenting. Frank, I will try
a squarish format on the first one and post it. Almost 95% of the
photographs were shot with the VR on but on a beanbag - in East Africa, the
Land Rovers and Landcruisers used for the safaris are designed for beanbags!
This was an unusually good season to find the big cats - through years of
going into India's jungles, I had never seen a leopard - here I saw 7 in 12
days. Bliss!

Here, then is the next set, sticking with carnivores:

Lions are easily the most boring animals on safari, they are generally
sleeping all the time:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Masai+Mara/20080909-1058.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Masai+Mara/20080912-1868.jpg.html

Three leopards:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Masai+Mara/20080913-1890a.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Masai+Mara/20080913-1929.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Masai+Mara/20080917-2868.jpg.html

And finally an elusive Bat Eared Fox:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Masai+Mara/20080915-2334.jpg.html

All L'Nikon D300 with 200-400+1.4TC except Leopard2 which was shot with a
L'Nikon D40X with 70-200.

Comments, suggestions and criticism welcome as always.
Cheers
Jayanand