Subject: [Leica] BOATING PAD #7 - Correction, They're Ruddy Turnstones!
From: r.s.taylor_post at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Wed Oct 1 15:19:51 2008

Doug Herr e-mailed me off-list this morning to tell me that the small
birds in this photo are not Piping Plovers, but Ruddy Turnstones.

These little guys are either on their way south from way northern
Canada or have settled in for the winter in the relatively warm clime
of the Cape.*  Either way, they are impressive migrators.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2008_PAD/300_3280.jpg.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/3g3s34

Thanks Doug.

Regards,

Dick
off-list comments to r.s.taylor at comcast dot net please.

* Says Wikipedia.

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] BOATING PAD #7 - Correction, They're Ruddy Turnstones!)